Raw Choc Chip Cookies
I love baking, but I like making raw snacks and desserts because they're fast. And I'm impatient. I may have taken a bite out of one of the cookies before taking the photo above...probably should've hidden that better. These cookies can be prepared and ready to eat in about 5 minutes.
I created them because the generous team at Mayver's sent me a box of their Super Spreads to try. After sampling them all (a few times...just to make sure), I decided that my favourite is the Original Super Spread, which is just a blend of cashew nuts, almonds, brazil nuts, peanuts, hazelnuts, chia seeds and sesame seeds. It's creamy, has a natural sweetness and a nice crunch.
In case you're wondering, this is not a sponsored post. I was sent the products to try for free, but this post is my own opinion.
I used oat meal to make the cookies because I had some at home to use up. I don't eat oats that often, but they're not a bad substitute for nut meals if you can't have too many nuts. If you're allergic to gluten and want to use oat meal, make sure you buy gluten-free oat meal (or whiz gluten-free oats in a food processor to turn it into oat meal). Oat products often have traces of gluten because they are usually processed on equipment that also processes wheat.
Raw Choc Chip Cookies
Gluten free | Dairy free | Vegan
- 1 cup Mayver's Original Super Spread (or almond butter)
- 1/4 cup raw extra virgin coconut oil, softened
- 1/4 cup rice malt syrup
- 1 cup oat meal (or almond meal)
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 100g raw dark chocolate, roughly chopped *
- Mix the Super Spread (or almond butter), coconut oil and rice malt syrup together in a bowl until well combined. Stir through the oat meal (or almond meal), coconut flour and chopped dark chocolate.
- Press the mixture into balls and then press each ball onto a tray lined with baking paper to make a cookie. Let the cookies set in the fridge (or freezer if you're impatient like me).
- Store the cookies in the fridge, as they will start to soften at room temperature.
Makes 12 cookies.
* I used Loving Earth's Raw Dark Coconut Sugar Chocolate to make the cookies, which is made with raw cacao nibs and coconut nectar. If you want to keep sweeteners to an absolute minimum, you could use raw cacao nibs instead of the chocolate.