Chocolate Protein Mousse
I recently bought some Bare Blends Organic Cacao WPI Native Whey Protein, which seems to be all the rage at the moment (it's delicious and relatively clean as far as protein powders go). It's all over Instagram in people's smoothies. However, I love to eat things. So I've been trying out ways to 'eat' it.
This is my favourite way so far: a super-creamy chocolate mousse.
As usual, the mousse is refined sugar-free and provides satisfying good fats (from the avocado) and antioxidants (from the raw cacao powder). Before you lose your hat about the addition of avocado, don't worry, you can't taste it. It just adds a smooth and creamy texture, which the whey protein further enhances.
i n g r e d i e n t s
- 1 small avocado (or half a large one)
- 2 tbsp Bare Blends Organic Cacao WPI Native Whey Protein *
- 2 - 3 tbsp raw cacao powder **
- 1 - 2 tbsp rice malt syrup, raw honey or pure maple syrup
p r e p a r a t i o n
- Place all ingredients into a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Serve with raw cacao nibs or crushed nuts sprinkled on top for crunch.
* You could use a different whey-based protein powder, but watch out for ones with preservatives and artificial sweeteners. Plant-based vegan protein powders may not give the same creamy texture, but could still be used.
** Adjust the amount of cacao powder to suit your taste (keeping in mind that the more cacao you add, the less likely you will be able to taste the avocado).