Salmon + Artichoke Fritters
This recipe is a variation of my Salmon Cakes. I simplified it and added marinated artichoke hearts. Not a bad result. I have them hot or cold. Good with eggs and avocado for breakfast or just by themselves as a snack.
When I make these, I usually use a canned salmon (not ideal, but convenient) that includes the bones for added calcium. The bones are soft, so when they're mashed up in the fritters I don’t notice them. If you’re lucky enough to have fresh cooked salmon, use that instead.
i n g r e d i e n t s
- 2 x 213g cans of wild salmon (or equivalent weight fresh cooked salmon)
- Handful of marinated artichoke hearts, drained and roughly chopped
- Handful of fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- Pinch of sea salt
- Coconut oil for frying
- Extra parsley to serve
p r e p a r a t i o n
- Tip the salmon into a large bowl and mash with a fork or spoon. Add the artichoke hearts, parsley, eggs, paprika and salt and mix well until everything is well combined.
- Heat a little coconut oil in a frypan over a medium heat and fry spoonfuls of the batter in batches. Add a little extra coconut oil to the pan between each batch. I drop a large spoonful of the batter into the pan and then use the spoon to flatten and shape it into a patty. It’s best to keep them on the smaller side to make flipping easier.
Makes about 8 fritters.