Black Forest Protein 'Ice-Cream'
Looking for a low-sugar alternative to the frozen banana (n)ice-cream doing the rounds on Instagram? Here you go.
What's (n)ice-cream? It's just frozen fruit blended with your preferred flavourings, which turns it into something resembling soft serve ice-cream (without all the processed sugar and additives). Frozen banana works well. But if you want to keep sugar low or have issues with too much banana, you can get a similar result using frozen berries and...frozen zucchini.
I haven't given exact amounts in the recipe below as you will need to adjust the quantities depending on your taste and food processor.
i n g r e d i e n t s
- large handful of chopped frozen zucchini
- large handful of frozen mixed berries
- 1/4 cup raw cacao powder (or to taste)
- 3 x 20ml tablespoons Bare Blends Dark Cacao & Kakadu Plum Native WPI protein powder
- Pinch of stevia powder or sweetener of choice (optional)
- Splash of water or nut milk
- 1 teaspoon Bare Blends Bare Berries powder (or extra frozen berries)
p r e p a r a t i o n
- Place all ingredients except the Bare Berries powder in a food processor. Process until you get a soft serve-like consistency, adding extra water/nut milk as required.
- Tip into a bowl, sprinkle over the Bare Berries and ripple through the mixture with a spoon.
- Enjoy straight away (otherwise it will melt into a more liquid consistency).