You know those times when you get home after a long day feeling hangry (hungry/angry) and raid your pantry for whatever is closest/fastest? This 5 Minute Tuna & Vegetables has often saved me from a dinner of chocolate. As much as I would’ve enjoyed a dinner of chocolate, at the risk of sounding like my parents it’s probably better to save the chocolate for after you’ve eaten your protein and vegetables.
You can adapt this recipe to suit whatever you have on hand. The key for me is to make it with frozen vegetables (or leftover vegetables) that just need to be heated up. If peeling or chopping is required, too late. I would’ve inhaled the chocolate.
I always keep frozen organic spinach and peas in my freezer, along with small portions of frozen mashed sweet potato. I’ve written about how I roast and freeze sweet potato here. That way I always have some vegetables ready for a quick meal like this.
5 Minute Tuna & Vegetables
- Large handful of frozen chopped spinach
- Large handful of frozen peas
- 1/2 cup frozen mashed sweet potato
- 1 can of tuna in spring water or olive oil
- Knob of organic butter (or olive oil)
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- Fresh herbs and pumpkin seeds to serve (optional)
- Heat the butter (or olive oil) in a frypan over a medium heat. Tip the frozen vegetables into the pan, adding a good pinch of sea salt and some cracked black pepper.
- Cook the vegetables until defrosted and warmed through. Drain the can of tuna and tip the tuna into the pan. Stir everything together.
- Tip into a bowl to serve and top with fresh herbs and pumpkin seeds if desired.
You might also like my Green Eggs with Feta & Dill.