Even though the weather is getting colder here in Melbourne, sometimes I still feel like a smoothie. So I developed this spiced wintery one, which is still served cold but includes comforting things like oats, nut butter and cinnamon.
I only add a small amount of oats and it still gives a beautiful creaminess. If you can’t eat oats, you could add some natural protein powder instead.
You can also use any nut butter (almond or cashew butter work well) or tahini if you’re allergic to nuts. Feel free to add extra cinnamon to taste and I like to grate over some 90% cocoa dark chocolate at the end.
Berry Cinnamon Smoothie
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/4 cup oats
- 1 x 20ml tablespoon nut butter
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1 cup almond milk (or your milk of choice)
- Extra blueberries, cinnamon powder and dark chocolate for topping
- Place all ingredients into your blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into a glass or jar and top with your desired toppings.
- Enjoy straight away.
I use an Australian 20ml tablespoon. 1 x 20ml tablespoon = 4 teaspoons.
Oats naturally don’t contain gluten, but as they are often processed on the same equipment as wheat, they can have traces of gluten. If you’re strictly gluten-free, you can buy gluten-free oats.
You might also like my Healthier Chocolate Thickshake.