As the weather gets hotter, I often feel like a smoothie in the mornings. And when I say smoothie, I mean a super-thick and tasty one that you can eat with a spoon and top with crunchy bits. That's the only way I'll have one, to be honest. I also like to keep them low in sugar by using low-fructose fruit like berries, some good fats (and some hidden vegetables).
I made this Choc Berry Smoothie with frozen organic strawberries, raw cacao and SkinniMini's Super-Cleanse powder.
Just to let you know, this is a sponsored post. However, what I write is my own opinion and I only recommend products that I have personally used and would recommend to my family and friends. You can read my policy on sponsored posts and advertising here.
The powder is just a blend of chia seeds, psyllium husk, goji berry powder, ground flax seeds, maca powder, açai berry powder and spirulina. I like the fact that there aren't any additional sweeteners added and it's a quick way to add some extra nutrients to your smoothie. The psyllium husk also makes the smoothie nice and thick (and filling, which is an added bonus).
You could use any mixture of frozen berries in the smoothie, or fresh ones if you're lucky enough to have them. If you're using fresh berries, I would also add some ice because a warm smoothie isn't very appealing. If you want to sweeten the smoothie up a bit more, you could also add a frozen banana. (My tip on freezing bananas if you've never done it before: peel and chop the banana BEFORE freezing it. If you freeze it with the skin on - which I did the first time I tried it - you will have quite an experience trying to peel off the frozen skin).
Choc Berry Smoothie
Gluten-free | Vegan | Raw
- Large handful baby spinach
- 1/2 small cucumber
- Large handful frozen berries
- 1 x 20ml tablespoon SkinniMini's Super-Cleanse powder
- 2 x 20ml tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 2/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
- Extra frozen berries and raw cacao nibs, to serve
- Place all ingredients (except for the extra berries and cacao nibs) in a NutriBullet or high-speed blender and blend until smooth.
- Add more almond milk and/or ice if desired and blend again.
- Serve immediately in a glass or bowl and top with extra frozen berries and cacao nibs for crunch.