Christmas Spice Bliss Balls
I've always been a last minute person (studying for exams, packing for trips, leaving the house to get to an appointment...I cut things fine). Preparing gifts and food for Christmas Day is no exception. Enter these Christmas Spice Bliss Balls...
Why are they so great? Because they are:
- gluten-free, fructose-free, dairy-free and vegan;
- low in sugar;
- enriched with protein; and
- deliciously spiked with christmas spices.
Perfect to whip up as last minute gifts or to serve up after Christmas lunch. They hit the spot without leaving you bloated with a sugar crash....which makes for a much merrier Christmas.
i n g r e d i e n t s
- 1 cup unsweetened desiccated coconut
- 1 cup raw cashew nuts
- 1/4 cup sprouted brown rice protein powder (or plain protein powder of choice)
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- Pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup extra virgin coconut oil, softened
- 2 x 20ml tablespoons rice malt syrup (or liquid sweetener of choice)
- Extra desiccated coconut for coating
p r e p a r a t i o n
- Place the coconut and cashew nuts in a food processor and process until you get fine crumbs. Add the protein powder, cinnamon, ginger, allspice and salt and process until combined.
- Add the vanilla extract, coconut oil and rice malt syrup and process until the mixture comes together like a dough. Roll the mixture into balls and coat in the extra desiccated coconut. Allow to set in the fridge or freezer.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
Makes 12 balls.