Coffee + Macadamia Protein Bars
It's no secret that I love coffee, so what would be better than a coffee-flavoured breakfast bar (with a good hit of protein and good fats) to go with my morning coffee!
I developed this recipe for Happy Way using their 'De Ja Brew' Coffee Protein Powder (cute name!). The protein powder is made with New Zealand pasture-fed whey and is sweetened with stevia so I didn't need to add any additional sweeteners to the recipe.
The powder is also boosted with chia seeds, psyllium husk and maca powder for added benefit (and it tastes delicious).
If you want to try any of the Happy Way products, they have given me a discount code which you can use to get 10% off. Just head to their website happyway.com.au and add the discount code: HAPPYLILIAN at checkout.
Now on to the recipe!
Coffee Macadamia Protein Bars
Gluten-free | Low fructose
- 1 1/2 cups oat flour *
- 3/4 cup Coffee Happy Way (see above for discount details!)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup raw unsalted macadamia nuts
- 2 x 20ml tablespoons extra virgin coconut oil, melted
- 4 x 20ml tablespoons water
- Mix the oat flour, Coffee Happy Way, coconut and macadamia nuts together in a bowl. Add the melted coconut oil and water and stir well until everything is combined.
- Line a tray with baking paper. Divide the mixture into six pieces and, using your hands, shape each piece into a bar.
- Place the bars onto the tray and refrigerate until set. Store in the fridge or freezer.
Makes 6 bars.
* Oats naturally don't contain gluten, but as they are often processed on the same equipment as wheat, they can often have traces of gluten. If you're strictly gluten-free, you can buy gluten-free oats and wizz them into a flour in a food processor.