Crunchy Rainbow Slaw
I made this the other night to use up leftover vegetables from making my Thai-Style Vegetable Fried Rice. It ended up being really delicious, so I thought I'd share it with you.
You can substitute different raw vegetables if you have any that you need to use up. I'd just recommend using crunchy ones and slicing them finely. (By slicing finely, you get a combination of all vegetables and flavours in each mouthful...ideal).
The slaw goes nicely with barbecued meats. Or you could add some boiled eggs or leftover shredded chicken and take to work for lunch. If you're vegan, you could add some avocado and a sprinkle of crushed walnuts.
If you're making the slaw to eat later, I recommend dressing with the tahini and sea salt just before eating so that the vegetables remain crunchy.
i n g r e d i e n t s
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 1 capsicum, finely sliced
- 1/8 red cabbage, finely sliced
- Handful of snow peas, finely sliced
- 3 - 4 spring onions, finely sliced
- Handful fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Handful of activated pumpkin seeds
- Tahini (I prefer hulled tahini)
- Sea salt
p r e p a r a t i o n
- Mix all ingredients, except the tahini and sea salt, together in a large bowl.
- To serve, tip the slaw into bowls and drizzle generously with tahini and a good pinch of sea salt. Toss together before eating.
Serves 4 generously.