Green Eggs with Feta + Dill
Green eggs are one of my go-to breakfasts when I want something quick, warm and satisfying with a heap of nutrients. You can pimp them with whatever you have on hand; today it was some beautiful salty feta and fresh dill.
I always keep some organic frozen spinach in my freezer for breakfasts like these. It's always better to buy organic when shopping for leafy greens (as non-organic greens have some of the highest pesticide levels). So to keep the price down, I buy it frozen. If you have fresh organic spinach, even better, but frozen works well in dishes like this. You can find frozen organic spinach at most health food stores and in some supermarkets.
i n g r e d i e n t s
- Large handful of frozen chopped spinach
- 1 zucchini
- 1 - 2 eggs
- 50g feta cheese
- Small handful of fresh dill
- Olive oil or coconut oil for frying
- Sea salt
p r e p a r a t i o n
- Heat a little olive or coconut oil in a frypan over a medium heat. Throw the frozen spinach into the pan. While the spinach is defrosting, finely slice the zucchini. Sauté the spinach and zucchini until heated through.
- Crack the egg(s) into the pan and scramble through the greens. Once everything is cooked through, take the pan off the heat, season with a pinch of sea salt and a drizzle of olive oil if desired.
- Tip the greens mixture onto a plate, crumble the feta over the top and sprinkle with the fresh dill.