I’m having a bit of a lychee phase at the moment because they’re one of my favourite fruits and only in season for a limited time. One of my summer rituals is to peel a few after a sweaty workout and revive myself by sucking the juicy flesh off the pips.
They’re so deliciously sweet, so I like to have them post-workout as an indulgent way to get some carbs in. The ritual of sitting down and peeling off the pretty skins makes for a nice little me time moment.
Their sweet flavour goes so well with citrus. I recently made some Raw Lychee + Lemon Tarts, which you can check out here, along with some info about how to buy and store lychees. Since they worked so well with lemon, I thought I’d try them with zesty lime, coconut flakes and a vanilla coconut cream in these Lychee + Coconut Parfaits.
The parfaits are super easy to make, so you can whip them up for a quick and indulgent dessert. I like to serve them with a bit of dark chocolate and an extra grating of lime zest.
Just to let you know, this is a sponsored post. However, what I write is always my own opinion and I only recommend things that I have personally used and would recommend to my family and friends. You can read my policy on sponsored posts here.
Lychee & Coconut Parfait
- 7 Australian Lychees
- 1/2 cup thick portion refrigerated coconut cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- Zest of 1 lime
- 2 handfuls unsweetened coconut flakes
- 2 squares dark chocolate to serve (optional)
- Peel the lychees, remove the pips and cut into halves.
- Whip the coconut cream, vanilla paste and lime zest together in a small bowl until smooth.
- Place a couple of lychee halves in the bottom of two small glasses. Top each lychee layer with a layer of coconut flakes, and then a layer of the coconut cream mixture. Repeat. Chill in the fridge for an hour or so.
- To serve, top each glass with another lychee halve, an extra grating of lime zest and a square of dark chocolate (if desired).
To separate the thick portion of a can of coconut cream, leave the can in the fridge overnight. The cream will separate leaving the thick portion at the top of the can and the liquid portion at the bottom. Carefully spoon out the thick portion to use in the recipe (you can use up the liquid potion by adding it to a smoothie!).
You might also like my Raw Rocky Road.