Nutty Chocolate Fudge Slice ... and a Giveaway!
Do you ever find yourself: (i) heading out to someone's place for dinner; (ii) wanting to bring something nice (that isn't shop-bought); but (iii) have basically no time to make anything/shop for ingredients? This slice could be your solution.
+ it's made with ingredients that you can keep on standby in your pantry
+ you don't have to get the food processor or any hardcore equipment out
+ it looks a bit special (having two layers and all)
I used Mayver's Original Super Spread to make the fudge layer (the sesame seeds and chia seeds give a bit of crunch). But you can use whatever nut butter you have on hand (natural peanut butter would be delicious). The fudge layer does soften quite quickly at warmer room temperatures, so if you're taking it to someone's place for after dinner, make sure you place it in the fridge as soon as you arrive.
i n g r e d i e n t s
- 1/2 cup Mayver's Original Super Spread (or another nut butter)
- 1/4 cup raw extra virgin coconut oil, softened
- 2 x 20ml tablespoons rice malt syrup (or liquid sweetener of choice)
- Pinch of sea salt
- 50g dark (85% cocoa) chocolate
- 1 teaspoon raw extra virgin coconut oil
p r e p a r a t i o n
- Line a 10 x 16cm container with baking paper.
- Mix the fudge layer ingredients together in a small bowl until well combined. Spread the mixture into the prepared container and leave to chill in the freezer.
- While the fudge layer is chilling, melt the chocolate (I did this in the microwave - I was in a rush) and then stir the coconut oil into the melted chocolate until everything is melted together. Pour the chocolate mixture over the chilled fudge layer and return to the fridge until the chocolate layer is set.
- Once the chocolate layer is set, remove the slice from the container and cut into squares. Store in the fridge.
Makes 8 squares.
G I V E A W A Y
As a special treat for one of you, I have a Mayver's gift pack to give away! The pack includes a range of Mayver's delicious, natural spreads:
- Dark Chocolate Super Spread
- Coconut Super Spread
- Original Super Spread (which I used to make this slice!)
- Crunchy Peanut Butter
- a Mayver's bag, tea towel and spoon
To enter, you need an Instagram account and an Australian mailing address (to claim the prize if you win!). Simply:
- head to my Instagram account
- repost my photo of the Nutty Chocolate Fudge Slice
- tag @realfoodhealthybody and #mayversrfhb
I'll be picking a winner at random on Monday 30 March 2015, so get posting!
Want more quick and easy dessert recipes? My Raw Desserts ebook includes 23 healthy desserts ➞ Check it out here.