One Pan Chicken + Cauliflower Hash
I threw this together yesterday for a quick lunch and it ended up tasting better than I expected ... so I thought I'd share it with you! I'm a big fan of one pan meals because I'm impatient and I hate doing dishes. This is one of those meals that's quick, healthy and satisfying with a decent serve of protein and good fats.
I'm not normally a fan of cauliflower, but when it's pan-fried, grilled or roasted with some nice olive oil and spices, I love it. You could use broccoli instead if you prefer. You could also make this ahead of time and take it to work for lunch. I think it would taste ok cold or reheated.
If you're vegetarian or vegan, you could leave out the chicken and increase the amount of cauliflower. If you're going to do this, I'd also add some extra pepitas and tahini for extra plant-based protein (because cauliflower isn't the most satisfying vegetable on its own).
i n g r e d i e n t s
- 1 - 2 free range chicken thighs (I get mine from Cannings)
- 1/4 head of cauliflower
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Pinch of cinnamon powder
- Pinch of chilli powder
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- Olive oil
- Small handful of pepitas
- Small handful of fresh dill
p r e p a r a t i o n
- Heat a frypan over a medium heat. While the pan is heating up, cut the chicken into thin strips and cut the cauliflower into slices about 0.5cm thick (this will speed up the cooking time).
- Add a drizzle of olive oil to the pan and throw in the chicken, cauliflower, paprika, cinnamon, chilli and a good pinch of sea salt and cracked black pepper. Stir everything together to coat in the spices and fry until the chicken is cooked through and the cauliflower is browned on both sides.
- Tip the chicken and cauliflower onto a plate, drizzle over a few dollops of tahini and top with the pepitas and fresh dill.