I think I have a new favourite thing, and that thing is freeze-dried pomegranate arils. They are sweet, sour and fruity all at the same time! Plus it doesn't hurt that they're also packed with antioxidants and minerals. Fresh arils are beautiful, but freeze-dried ones are perfect for adding to desserts like this raw Pomegranate Slice!
I've been working with PomLife to develop some recipes using their freeze-dried pomegranate products. Their freeze-dried arils are locally produced from high quality 100% Australian grown pomegranate fruit. I studded this creamy raw slice with the arils and they worked really well - little bursts of flavour!
To redeem the offer:
- Head to pomlife.com.au and at checkout, click on ‘Show Order Summary’ and add discount code LILIANDIKMANS.
- You can re-use the code as many times as you like until 31 January 2017.
- The discount doesn't apply to their other products or shipping, and they can only ship within Australia at this stage.
Gluten-free | Dairy-free | Vegan
- 3/4 cup raw cashew nuts
- 1/4 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/4 cup PomLife Freeze-Dried Pomegranate Arils (see above for 35% off!)
- Pinch of sea salt
- 2 x 20ml tablespoons extra virgin coconut oil, melted
- 1 x 20ml tablespoon rice malt syrup
- Line an 8 x 12cm container with baking paper or cling film.
- Process the cashew nuts and coconut in a food processor until you get fine crumbs. Transfer to a bowl and stir through the pomegranate arils, sea salt, melted coconut oil and rice malt syrup until everything is well combined.
- Press the mixture into the prepared container and leave in the fridge for a few hours until set. Once set remove from the container and cut into pieces. Store in the fridge or freezer.
Makes 6 pieces.