One of the best things about Christmas for me is Christmas pudding. I love all the sweetly spiced flavours, and the fact that I only get to have it once a year makes it even more special.
This year, I wanted to create something similar that evokes the same vibe but is a bit more health-conscious, effortless to make and easy to take along to Christmas parties. These mini Raw Cacao Christmas Puddings fit the bill.
I developed them for Bare Blends. They taste decadent with the addition of dark chocolate and sweet currants but also contain some plant-based protein, chia seeds and are lower in sugar than your average Christmas dessert.
Raw Cacao Christmas Puddings
- 1 cup raw nuts (I used a mixture of almonds and walnuts)
- 3/4 cup currants
- 1/2 cup unsweetened desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup chocolate plant protein (I used Bare Blends Cacao & Cinnamon Plant Protein)
- 1 x 20ml tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 100g dark (at least 85% cocoa) chocolate, melted
- Handful of dried cranberries for topping
- Place 1/2 cup of the nuts, 1/2 cup of the currants, the coconut and the protein powder into a food processor. Process until the mixture comes together.
- Tip the mixture into a bowl. Chop or crush the remaining 1/2 cup of nuts and add to the bowl. Also add the remaining 1/4 cup of currants, the chia seeds, the ground ginger and the melted chocolate. Stir everything together until well combined.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper. Press the mixture into balls and place on the tray. Top each ball with a couple of dried cranberries. Leave in the fridge to set.
- Store in the fridge or freezer.
I use an Australian 20ml tablespoon. 1 x 20ml tablespoon = 4 teaspoons.
You might also like my Flourless Cacao Cakes.