This Warm Zucchini Salad is the perfect quick and simple accompaniment to a meal. As the weather gets cooler, my meals get warmer. A Chinese Medicine practitioner once told me that our bodies prefer warming, cooked meals during the colder months. I mean, it makes sense. I still like to incorporate some raw vegetables into my meals during autumn and winter, but the majority of my meals will be cooked.
If you wanted to make a meal of the salad, you could bulk it up with some leftover meat, boiled eggs or some crushed nuts or seeds. I cook the zucchini with chilli powder to give it a warming kick, but you could use your favourite spices if you prefer.
Simple Warm Zucchini Salad
- 3 small zucchini (or 2 medium or 1 large one)
- Ground chilli
- Coconut oil or olive oil
- Sea salt
- Handful of fresh parsley
- Chia seeds to serve (optional)
- Wash the zucchini and cut into thin slices (about 1/2 cm thick).
- Heat a drizzle of coconut oil or olive oil in a fry pan over a medium heat. Add the zucchini slices to the pan with a pinch of ground chilli (or more if you like it spicy) and sauté the zucchini until it’s browned and just tender (I don’t like to let it get too soft and sloppy).
- Tip the zucchini onto a serving plate and top with a pinch of sea salt, fresh parsley and a sprinkle of chia seeds (if desired).
You might also like my Toasted Quinoa, Kale & Roast Carrot Salad.