Spicy Carrot Chips
When I feel like something kind of sweet, kind of savoury and a bit 'chippy' (this happens surprisingly often), I make these Spicy Carrot Chips. They're healthy, quick to make and delicious. I could honestly eat them every day.
They make a nice little snack on their own, or you could roast a bunch to add to salads and meals. I've used garam masala (a spice mix), chilli powder and sea salt to flavour the carrots. But you can change up the spices and adjust the amount of each spice to taste.
i n g r e d i e n t s
- 4 carrots
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/4 teaspoon of chilli powder (or to taste)
- Olive oil or coconut oil
- Sea salt
p r e p a r a t i o n
- Preheat your oven to 200°C and line a baking tray with foil or baking paper.
- Wash the carrots and cut into slices about 0.5cm thick. Tip the slices onto the prepared tray, sprinkle over the garam masala, chilli powder and a good pinch of sea salt and drizzle over some olive oil or melted coconut oil. Toss the slices in the spices and oil until everything is evenly covered, then spread the slices out on the tray in one layer.
- Bake in the preheated oven until browned and crispy around the edges (it could take about 20 minutes, but the timing will depend on your oven).