Vanilla Chai Superfood Cups
If you follow nutritionist Toni Gerdelan's Instagram page @whole_food_nutritionista, you may be aware that she has launched a range of 'Love Smoothies' superfood smoothie blends (quite fitting, as she truly is the queen of smoothies). I ordered some and I am in love. Why?
- Both flavours (Milk Chocolatte and Vanilla Chai) contain a range of beneficial superfoods...so instead of mucking around adding a teaspoon of this and that to your creations, you can just add a spoonful of the blend.
- They add an instant flavour injection to pretty much anything (not just smoothies, I'm also adding them to desserts and sprinkling on yoghurt).
- They're 100% organic, raw, vegan, gluten-free and nut-free and don't contain any added sugar or fillers.
- They taste amazing. Toni has formulated both flavours to perfection (the spices in the Vanilla Chai are to die for).
In case you're wondering, this is not a sponsored post. What I write on this blog is always my own opinion. I'm genuinely a huge fan of the smoothie blends! You can check them out here.
As I enjoy eating things, I used the Vanilla Chai blend to make these Vanilla Chai Superfood Cups. I've written out the recipe below. They're gluten-free, vegan and nut-free, so a perfect treat for anyone with allergies.
i n g r e d i e n t s
for the base:
- 2 x 20ml tablespoons raw extra virgin coconut oil, melted
- 1 x 20ml tablespoon coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon Love Smoothies Superfood Vanilla Chai blend
- 2 teaspoons rice malt syrup (or liquid sweetener of choice)
for the topping:
- 2 x 20ml tablespoons thick portion of refrigerated coconut cream
- 1 x 20ml tablespoon raw extra virgin coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon rice malt syrup (or liquid sweetener of choice)
p r e p a r a t i o n
- Mix the base ingredients together in a small bowl until well combined. Pour into four mini cupcake moulds (I use silicone ones) and place in the fridge to set.
- Mix the topping ingredients together in a small bowl until well combined. If the cold coconut cream causes the mixture to seize up, place the bowl in an inch of hot water in your sink and stir until everything melts together.
- Once the base is set, pour over the topping mixture and return to the fridge to set. Once the topping has set, pop the cups out of the moulds and eat! Store in the fridge.
Makes 4 mini cups.
Want more dessert recipes? My Raw Desserts eBook includes 23 healthy dessert recipes for just $9.95 ➞ Check it out here.