If you’ve ever found yourself sampling brownie batter before it makes its way to the oven, this recipe is for you. Just four ingredients is all it takes to get your brownie batter fix. And there’s no need for any baking.
The chocolate brownie batter dough is made with raw walnuts, cacao powder and Medjool dates. If you don’t have walnuts, you could use almonds, cashew nuts or brazil nuts instead. My favourite type of brownie batter includes ‘bits’ like chocolate chips and extra crushed nuts. So I added pieces of dark chocolate and some extra walnuts to recreate this vibe.
If you’re worried about the sugar content, there’s only one Medjool date per piece. Then I like to use 85% cocoa dark chocolate for the topping. The end result is sweet and chocolatey enough to satisfy any cravings. Stashing it in the fridge or freezer means that you have a delicious bite on hand for those times when only chocolate will do.
4 Ingredient Brownie Batter Bites
- 1 1/4 cup raw walnuts
- 1/4 cup raw cacao powder (or cocoa powder)
- 6 x Medjool dates, pitted (I used Natural Delights® Pitted Medjool Dates)
- 50g dark chocolate
- Line a 8 x 12cm container with baking paper or cling film.
- Process 1 cup of the walnuts with the cacao powder and Medjool dates in a food processor or high speed blender until you get a dough. Press the mixture firmly into the lined container.
- Break up (or chop) the dark chocolate and remaining 1/4 cup of walnuts into small pieces. Press the pieces into the brownie mixture to cover the surface. Transfer the container to the freezer to chill for an hour or so.
- Once firm, remove the brownie from the container and cut into pieces using a sharp knife.
- Store in the fridge or freezer.
You might also like my Vegan Chocolate Fudge Cake.