I’m always happy when I have some protein balls in my fridge. These Easy Vegan Protein Balls are quick to make and help to keep sugar cravings at bay. I often eat a couple if I don’t have time to make a proper breakfast. Or if I want something chocolatey after dinner.
I used Prana On plant based protein power in this recipe. Most of their flavours should blend well with the cacao powder for a chocolate twist. The Vanilla Crème flavour is probably the most versatile if you’re going to buy one to add to recipes or smoothies. This is the one I use to make my Low Sugar Açai Bowl.
Feel free to mix up the nuts in the protein balls to suit what you have at home. Raw almonds work well. But you could easily substitute raw cashew nuts, walnuts or a mixture of them all.
Easy Vegan Protein Balls
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup plant-based protein powder (I used Prana On)
- 1/4 cup raw cacao powder (or cocoa powder)
- 1/4 cup rice malt syrup
- 1/2 cup extra virgin coconut oil, melted
- Process all of the ingredients in a food processor or high speed blender to get a dough.
- Roll the dough into 15 balls and leave in the fridge for about half an hour to firm up.
- Store in the fridge.
Oats naturally don’t contain gluten, but as they are often processed on the same equipment as wheat, they can have traces of gluten. If you’re strictly gluten-free, you can buy gluten-free oats.
You might also like my Vegan Chocolate Fudge Cake.