These mini choc-dipped cookies, fragrant with pumpkin pie spices, can be whipped up in a matter of minutes. This is thanks to a special ingredient that does most of the work for you…Natural Delights® limited edition Pecan Pumpkin Pie Spiced Date Rolls.
Working with Natural Delights®, I was lucky enough to sample these delicious little morsels to create this recipe. They’re made with just Medjool dates, pecans, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and allspice, so a clean alternative if you’re craving something sweet and pumpkin pie spiced. Since they’re only available for a limited time in the US and Canada, get in quick if you’re over there!
If you’re in Australia and can’t get them, fear not. You can make a coconut version of the cookies using Natural Delights® Coconut Date Rolls instead (which are available in Coles). I’ve gone through my stash of the Pecan Pumpkin Pie Spiced Date Rolls rather quickly, so I’ll be making a coconut version myself very soon…
No-Bake Pumpkin Pie Spiced Cookies
Makes 20 mini cookies
- 10 x Natural Delights® Pecan Pumpkin Pie Spiced Date Rolls
- 80g dark (85% cocoa) chocolate
- Line a tray with baking paper.
- Using a sharp knife, cut each date roll in half. Place each half onto the lined baking tray and press down with the heel of your hand to flatten into a cookie shape.
- Melt the dark chocolate in the microwave or using a double boiler. Allow to cool slightly so it thickens.
- Dip each cookie half way into the melted chocolate, then place back onto the tray. Chill in the fridge or freezer until the chocolate is set. Once set, repeat the dipping process to get a thicker chocolate coating if you wish.
- Store in an airtight container.
If you’re in Australia and can’t get the Pecan Pumpkin Pie Spiced Date Rolls, you can substitute Natural Delights® Coconut Date Rolls instead.
You might also like my Spiced Pumpkin Loaf with Dark Chocolate & Pecans.