These Salted Caramel Medjool Date Energy Balls could not be easier to make. Just five ingredients and you have yourself a delicious sweet treat. Perfect if you need a little boost in the afternoon or before a workout.
I developed the recipe for Natural Delights® using their online Energy Ball Builder. It’s a handy tool that allows you to build an energy ball recipe to suit your needs with live nutrition calculations as you add each ingredient.
Sweetened with fresh Medjool dates, this is what gives the energy balls their natural caramel flavour. Then we add a hint of vanilla and sea salt for the salted component. The energy balls are gluten free, grain free, dairy free and vegan too.
The Energy Ball Builder calculates the nutrition summary per ball as:
- Calories 112
- Protein 2g
- Carbs 14g
- Fibre 2g
- Fat 2g
- Potassium 100mg
You can adjust the nuts to suit what you have at home. Raw almonds, cashew nuts, walnuts and pecan nuts work well. Store the energy balls in the fridge or the freezer. If you store them in the freezer they will have a firmer, chewier texture.
Salted Caramel Medjool Date Energy Balls
- 10 Natural Delights® Pitted Medjool Dates
- 1 1/2 cups raw nuts (almonds, cashew nuts, pecan nuts or walnuts)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened desiccated coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Extra 2 tablespoons unsweetened desiccated coconut for coating
- Place all of the ingredients into a food processor and blend until well combined.
- Roll the mixture into balls and place on a plate or lined tray. Coat the balls in the extra coconut if desired.
- Store the balls in the fridge or freezer.
You might also like my Choc Mint Medjool Date Energy Bars.